Galvanized Coil & Sheet
Lapham-Hickey delivers top-quality galvanized steel coil and sheet in the two main processes of hot dipped and electro-galvanizing in a variety of coating weights, finishes, thickness and widths.
What is Galvanized Steel?
Galvanized steel is carbon steel sheet coated with zinc on both sides. There are two methods to producing galvanized steel: continuous hot dipping and electro-galvanizing.
In hot dipping, steel passes through a bath of molten zinc. In electro-galvanizing, a layer of zinc is bonded to the steel through electrolytic disposition.
The zinc coating effectively and economically protects bare steel from corrosion. The zinc not only shields the steel from the environment, it also sacrifices itself to protect the underlying steel sheet.
Lapham-Hickey’s hot dipped galvanized products are manufactured to and conform with all exacting specifications.
Galvanized Steel Applications
Lapham-Hickey’s galvanized sheet coil, hot dipped galvanized steel coil and galvanized steel sheet have a wide variety of uses across numerous industries:
- Exterior building products
- HVAC products
- Electrical boxes and other electrical products
- Garage doors
- Safety fencing
- Automotive parts
- Commercial and residential steel framing
- Parking lots
- Truss plates
- Metal building purlins
Providing the experience you want
Lapham-Hickey’s knowledge of the metal industry is second to none as we have a deep understanding of steel market cycles.
- Expert engineers and skilled metallurgists design, develop and deliver reliable, durable products for the most challenging applications
- All locations conform to ISO standards to ensure you get the product you want every single time
- Strong foundation of family ownership. Lapham-Hickey was established in 1926 and is now in the capable hands of a fourth generation
Dedicated to serving you
Lapham-Hickey provides outstanding customer service and the best technical support in the industry. Our service centers are ranked as one of the top 30 in the nation and our outstanding employees are dedicated and devoted to serve you each and every day. Lapham-Hickey Steel is your partner in metal production.