Lapham-Hickey supplies high-performing cold rolled steel sheet and coil for all your needs including value-added services such as slitting, shearing, blanking, leveling and more. Lapham-Hickey’s cold rolled steel sheet and coil is expertly engineered and skillfully crafted with qualities you need most: Strength, a smooth, easy-to-paint finish, and outstanding shape control.
What is Cold Rolled Steel?
Cold rolled steel is steel rolled at room temperature, below its re-crystallization temperature, making it easier to control the steel’s shape, thickness, dimensions and surface finish. Cold rolled steel sheet and coil is best used where thickness tolerances and surface condition are important.
Cold Rolled Steel Features
Lapham-Hickey cold rolled steel sheet and steel coil feature:
- Uniform, high-quality surface finish: Easy to paint
- Tight thickness tolerances: Can be rolled thinner by up to 50%
- Extraordinary strength: 20% stronger than hot rolled steel
Cold Rolled Steel Applications
The cold rolled steel sheet and coil supplied by Lapham-Hickey has a wide range of uses, especially applications where dimensional tolerances, strength and surface finish quality are critical. Use for cold rolled steel sheet and coil include:
- Metal furniture
- Automobile components
- Electronics hardware
- Home appliances and components
- Lighting fixtures
- Electric motors
- Plumbing fixtures
- Drum manufacturing
- Tubing products
Providing the Experience You Want
Lapham-Hickey’s knowledge of the metal industry is second to none as our Expert engineers and skilled metallurgists design, develop and deliver reliable, durable products for the most challenging applications.
- Deep understanding of steel market cycles
- All locations conform to ISO standards to ensure you get the product you want every single time
- Strong foundation of family ownership. Lapham-Hickey was established in 1926 and is now in the capable hands of a fourth generation
Dedicated to Serving You
Lapham-Hickey provides outstanding customer service and the best technical support in the industry as our service centers are ranked as one of the top 30 in the nation. Our outstanding employees are dedicated and devoted to serve you every day as we see ourselves as your partner in metal production.